We may not be very familiar with magnesium hydroxide flame retardants. Here is a brief introduction to the advantages of its use.
Magnesium hydroxide as a flame retardant has the following advantages
1. Can play a role in flame retardant and filling.
2. Due to the high processing temperature of magnesium hydroxide, it can be applied to resins with high processing temperatures.
3. Non-toxic and tasteless, no toxic gas and corrosive gas are produced during combustion, and the mold is not corroded.
4. Not volatile, not affected by water.
5. The high thermal decomposition temperature of magnesium hydroxide is beneficial to the improvement of plastic processing temperature, speeding up extrusion and shortening molding time.
6. The strong neutralizing ability of magnesium hydroxide and acid can neutralize the acid gas sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide and the like generated by the burning process of plastics.
7. It is beneficial to absorb combustion heat and improve flame retardant efficiency.
8. Magnesium hydroxide has strong smoke suppression ability, low hardness and little friction on equipment.
Due to the advantages of the use of magnesium hydroxide flame retardant, its market application is more and more extensive, and the development space will be more and more extensive.